Monday, January 6, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year. First, as a kid I can remember  looking forward to Christmas, then as a teenager/college student it meant basketball season is under way and now as a parent it is pure joy watching the magic through your children's eyes.

December 1st the kids wake up, excitedly, looking for Elfie, our elf, relieved when they find him sitting in the living room. From the excitement of all three kids I realize I have one more Christmas with all three kids believing in the magic of Christmas. YES!!!

The time leading up to Christmas we watch as many Christmas movies as we can, listen to Christmas music non stop, read Christmas books each night and slowly add gifts under the tree. The anticipation & excitement is infectious! We waited til the very last Sunday before Christmas to make our visit to Santa. We don't get our picture taken with Santa but just drop off letters and visit with him. All three of the kids were just glowing after their special talk with Santa. I asked them, "what did Santa say?" and they replied, " we can't tell you." Through out the next few days Tori did spill some of the Santa "secrets." 
Christmas Eve my parents come over each year for a sleep over. We have dinner, the kids open their presents from Grandma & Grandpa and their gifts from each other (they call them the "sibling gifts"). When they go to bed we do santa duties and watch Christmas Vacation with my parents. That movie never gets old. Hilarious! It is so fun to watch them give their gifts that they pick out for each other.... I think that is their favorite part of the night! Before Wylie was even done opening his gift from Tori, she screamed out, "It's a little furby!" She had picked it out a few weeks before and had to keep her present secret and I guess keeping it in for a few more seconds was too tough!! 

Christmas morning here are the kids at the top of the stairs as they wait patiently or not so patiently for Jacques, Grandma, Grandpa and myself.....

Christmas Day was filled with LOVE & presents & Food!! 





~It's My Life 



No comments:

Post a Comment