Monday, January 6, 2014

3rd anual NYE party

I thought Christmas Eve day was long . . . New Years Eve Day is almost equally as LONG and challenging as a parent. "How many more hours 'til the party?" was asked at least a dozen times. As much as I enjoy their excitement for fun traditions and to spend a late night with their friends, I think to myself, "why do I do this?" As soon as our friends start arriving I am immediately reminded of why.               What a great way to end a year!


We played our yearly 2013 Trivia for the adults- the women won again and are 3-0! I can't decide if the guys are really not as on top of it or if they just want the shot the losing team has to take??? Hmmm, that makes me think we might have to make the punishment a little more harsh next year....

From 6pm to midnight the kids ran around, played games, played basketball, knee hockey, did arts and crafts and had a great time! It is so fun to watch them!! 

Some of the sweet & crazy boys!!

Some of the party girls!! 

The annual slot car tournament is a BIG deal at the party. People, mostly the boys (dads too) get serious about winning this tournament! But it is hours of entertainment for participants and fans! The championship race was Alicia vs. Wylie.  It was a close race but Wylie won.  


Another party comes to an end and I am thankful! Thankful for our friends who rang in the new year with us & thankful for my family who encourages me to do this each year! Until next year friends!  Countdown on
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . 

Happy New Year!! 




~It's My Life



No comments:

Post a Comment