Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My baby is 6

Six years ago was the scariest time in my life thus far. My water broke at just 27 weeks pregnant. Hospitalized on best rest hoping for the best possible outcome. Just seven days later my placenta ruptured causing me to have an emergency c section. (During the c section my doctor noticed I had valamentous cord insertion: A condition that occurs in less than 1% of single pregnancy and  is routinely detected during ultra sound (mine was not) and if not detected causes premature labor and stillbirth.)  It was at that time during my c section, my wonderful doctor kissed my forehead and said to me, "she is a true miracle..." It was not until later when she explained what was really going on inside. It was hours later when I got to go the NICU to see my precious 2 pound baby and the neurologist said, "...she is one feisty little girl..." She was already off her ventilator. Although I was still scared and the 85 day NICU stay had its ups and down, not once did I think I was going to lose my baby. She is the light of my life & someone who has forever changed me.


Today, Tori turns 6! What a great 6 years it has been having our family complete. She brings us so much joy & positive energy. This year she requested a cooking party- so a cooking party it is! I know how ironic, considering how much I love to cook...*note sarcasm. So 12 of her closest friends came together to make some fun food.

We made homemade lasagnas to go, fruit kabobs and chex mix. We had egg races on the driveway and decorated aprons! It was a fun way to spend her day & most importantly she LOVED it. It feels good to be six!! 





~ It's My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment