Saturday, March 16, 2013

Road trip with a friend

"Friends are siblings God forgot to give us." This is a quote that has always been dear to me. Growing up I had always wished I had a sister.  I am so thankful that Kasey and Tori will have each other, what a special relationship.

 One of the benefits of growing up with out a sister is that I have tried really really hard to value my relationships in my life, especially the ones with my girlfriends. The older I get, the tighter I hold on to these people in my life. The more I realize that although having a sister would have been great, having  close friends can be just as great!

Something I think everyone should do sometime with their girlfriends.... Take a road trip! Even if you don't have a certain place to go, get in the car, play your favorite music, talk about life, LAUGH A LOT & just drive.  This can be the best therapy in the world & give you some of the best memories.

I was fortunate enough to have just completed yet another road trip with a friend. A 13 hour (one way) trip to Nashville, TN to spend 3 nights in Music City and also to see the one and only, Mister Jon Bon Jovi. Yes, JBJ may be the "reason" for these trips and he is certainly the highlight of the trip, but it doesn't compare to the talks in car, getting lost on the way, stories that make you laugh til you cry & sharing the experience with someone who means a lot to you.

And.... I get to do it all over again next month with another friend to Iowa.  Get in the car & drive....

"As we grow up, we don't lose friends, we just learn who are real ones are."




                                   ~ It's My Life


No comments:

Post a Comment